Friday's activities were written in the last post, we went to Onion Days in Payson and watched fireworks. Saturday we got to go to the BYU game! It was HOTT!!! I wasn't feeling to well in the first place, and I'm glad the sun wasn't directly on us, b/c I would have died. We sat with Aunt Heather, Uncle Devry and Andra. I wish I had my camera with me to take a picture of us, it may have been our last BYU game ever. We didn't put the money in for season tickets, because my grandparents are out of town we got to buy their tickets and go . . . but perhaps there will be another opportunity this season, we'd definitely like to go again!
BYU played UNI, I'm from Iowa City (UNI is Cedar Falls) so we're not really rivals, but it was fun. While we were creaming UNI, as in physically, I think one player was knocked down 3 times where he didn't get up forever ( a few minutes) but it was pretty annoying that he kept getting hurt and taking forever to get off the field. Each time he went down the people behind us would say, "he must not be eating enough corn." Ha ha ha, Iowa jokes, always (only) about corn. The game was fun!
We drove around a little bit Saturday/Monday but it was painfully crowded and irritating! Seth . . . if any of you know him and his driving. . . you stay clear. When Seth gets in the driver's seat, he is driving somewhere to drive. . . where as me, I get in the car to get somewhere, I'm not as passionate about the road you could say. Seth is not excited about all of the students back, and it is really pretty bad, the traffic that is. It's a common conversation about 'utah driver's' and how horrible they are. (and I agree) but I think it because there are only THREE roads to get anywhere in this town! University Avenue, University Parkway, or State St. No one else really gets to know the short routes and short cuts to make the main roads less congested. For example, Iowa City - We have the big/main streets, we are a university town - but NEVER would I really notice traffic bad enough to complain as much as we do here in Provo/Orem about the students coming back. In Iowa City I just use all the big side streets that get me faster to the destination anyway. I think I am learning those pretty well here in Provo, good thing - because it drives Seth and I insane to take the main ones lately. But for any of those reading this who have gotten cut off by a Michigan license plated maroon '89 Chevrolet Beretta or a '01 champagne color Oldsmobile Aurora lately, or perhaps one of these two cars have honked uncontrollably at you because you weren't paying attention at the green light (especially green arrow) you're stopped at or you're going under the speed limit (University Avenue) - I apologize. It's my husband. Whew, I should have made my own post about Utah Driving. . .
Sunday was such a nice, relaxful day. Church switched from noon - 3:00 to 2:00 - 5:00 ( CRAPPY ). We didn't realize this until we didn't recognize anyone in the chapel at noon, I guess we didn't pay attention to the announcements last sunday. I was exceptionally emotional during fast/testimony meeting, I had a ton of things I wanted to get up and express about the Gospel and our Savior, but I didn't dare because of my emotions. As I was really enjoying the testimonies being said and while I was 'leaking' (as seth calls it) he tried to distract me by playing thumb war, he hates it when I 'leak'. But that was annoying because I really was okay, I just wanted to hear everything being shared by others and was trying to decide if I could handle my emotions long enough to share my testimony. But thanks hun, for trying to 'cheer me up' while I was leaking. :)
We taught Primary, we had two boys. It went pretty well, Seth taught the lesson on talents. I was kind of bummed that we seem to always miss out on the combined RS/Priesthood meetings that are the third hour only a few times in the year. Last time we missed it too, Seth was sick, and I taught all the primary children ( and visiting children, there was like 11 of them) by myself. I'm glad Seth was with me this time, and that we only had two primary children. But I wish we were able to get in on the special meeting that third hour. After church friend Heidi came over for dinner, which Phil and Sierra made for us! It was Yuummmm-my!
Monday we did a little bit of shopping, Seth really hated the roads so we didn't get to go to Wal-mart, the mall (where the rest of the provo/orem population was). We went to Target instead. We played Ticket to Ride while watching Die Hard (the latest and bestest one) with Aub/Dav. I am so happy we had a great weekend, and even heard and sawthunder/lightning for the first time in forever!!!! Now it's back to school and busy busy busy at work, at least today is Tuesday and not Monday.
4 months ago






1 comment:
I totally agree with you... the game was WAY too hot! We may not be able to use our tikets for October 20th because that's the day of Rog's marathon, so if you would like them, let us know and we'll sell them to you for cheap. Also, I agree with you on the traffic... goodness people, go back to where you came from!
Post a Comment